For all our club rides including routes, please click on the link below, you will need a Garmin connect account and be a member of North Walsham Velo.
All Club Rides Take Place From The Market Place Each Sunday.
Summer Average Speeds
Social Group Beginners – Pace of slowest rider, From 2nd April
Social Group 1 – Average Speed 13.5 – 15 mph
Medium – Average Speed 15.5 – 17 mph
Medium Fast – Average Speed 17.5 – 19 mph
Fast Group – Average Speed +19 mph
4th March – 8:00am Start. All Groups.
1st December – 9:00am Start – Fast and Medium Fast Groups.
1st December – 9:00am Start – Medium and Social Groups.
MIDWEEK SOCIAL RIDES
Please see below for all timings and information.
Social rides – Everybody Welcome – Starting Tuesday 3rd April meeting at 18:30hrs at the town clock and each Tuesday after. Average speed will be between 12-14mph for 10-15 miles. a minimum of two ride leaders will be in attendance.
Off Road at RAF Coltishall Rides – Starting Wednesday 2nd May meeting at 18:15hrs at the gatehouse, or the town clock at 17:30 if you are riding in.
All leaders are contactable through the NWV pages for any questions or advice however please ensure the following before starting a ride,
– Your bike must be roadworthy and fitted with front and rear lights.
– Cycle helmets must be worn at all times.
– Carry a full puncture repair/breakdown kit.
– Bring a full water bottle and any other snacks required.
– Wear appropriate cycle clothing.
– All riders participate at their own risk and must be fit for purpose.
– Ride leaders will brief all those participating at the start and will also be responsible for cancelling rides due to bad weather conditions. This will be posted on the NWV Facebook pages in advance.
This is a great opportunity for those wishing to start group rides in a social setting, cyclists new to the sport or those just wanting to get a few more miles in!